ONE-TIME OFFER: For Musicians, Producers, and Audio Engineers Looking to Fix Their Muddy Mixes...
Discover the Proven Step By Step Method for Amazing Home Studio Mixes Using Only EQ, Compression, Reverb, Delay, and Saturation
...That You Can Use With the Plug-ins You Already Have, Even If You Don't Have a Pro Studio
Over 15,000 Copies Sold!
Get Two Best-Selling eBooks for the Price of One!
Limited Time Offer Only Available on This Page
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed...or Your Money Back
These Best-Sellers Have Helped Over 15,000 People Instantly Improve Their Home Studio Mixes
Discover the Step By Step Mixing Process
From: The Home Studio of Björgvin Benediktsson, Audio Issues.
Hi, I'm Björgvin Benediktsson. I'm the musician, mixing engineer, and audio educator behind Audio Issues and I'm here to help you turn your amateur demos into professionally produced records you can be proud to release.
My mixing techniques have helped thousands of musicians and producers gain the confidence and skills to make professional mixes they can be proud of.
They've used their mixing skills to successfully release their own records and some have used their new-found mixing skills to get paying jobs from their home studios.
I’ve written over 1,000 articles and tutorials on audio production, both on Audio Issues and for other audio publications such as MusicTech magazine, Audiotuts+, The Pro Audio Files, and Recording Revolution to name a few.
Let Me Ask You...
- Do you fight to make all your instruments and tracks fit together in a busy mix?
- Do you struggle with compression and how you should use it to create tight and punchy mixes?
- Do you have a hard time using using reverb and delay without cluttering up your mix?
- Do you get confused by saturation and how to use it to get a warmer sounding mix?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, don't worry - You're not alone.
Let me tell you, I had no clue what I was doing when I first started mixing.
I thought mixing was supposed to be fun and cool but I was just intimidated by everything.
All I was doing was randomly inserting plug-ins and processors on every track, shrugging my shoulders because I couldn't really figure out how anything worked.
No matter what I did I couldn't make it sound better.
The songs changed when I played with the plug-ins, but I didn't really know where I was going with the mix.
There was no balance to the instruments and the vocals sounded glued on and fake.
The mixes sounded boomy in the low-end, the drums sounded boxy and the overall mix balance was always either too harsh or too muddy.
Put Simply, my Mixes Screamed: "Amateur!"
The truth is:
- If you have no plan of action...
- No concrete steps...
- Or an idea of where you're going to make your mixes sound like you want...
You'll mix in circles, never getting to a final, finished record.
I honestly didn't understand what to listen for in a mix so I kept randomly putting plug-ins on tracks, tweaking presets that didn't fit, and selecting inappropriate effects that weren't suitable for the song.
15 years later, after countless hours in the studio, I've created a fool-proof process for creating pro mixes.
And once I figured it out, mixing became fun!
With simple EQ and compression tricks, I knew how to create separation and balance as well as what buttons to push to make my mixes tight and loud.
I started using reverb and delay to create space and depth for that professional feel.
My vocals sounded better than ever because I knew how to recognize and eliminate problematic frequencies, adding some secret sauce with saturation and blending the vocals into the mix so they wouldn't feel stuck on top.
Throughout my learning process I realized that the plug-ins I kept coming back to when I needed to make the mix sound open and dynamic were these five processors.
Now that I've learned how to master these five plug-ins, I've paid it forward to musicians and producers like yourself so that you can use my techniques (and avoid my mistakes) to instantly improve your mixes.
The Step By Step Mixing process is my complete guide to creating professional and radio-ready mixes using only the five plug-ins you really need.
Introducing: Step By Step Mixing and Better Mixes in Less Time
Step By Step Mixing and Better Mixes in Less Time have helped 15,000 (and counting!) musicians, producers, and engineers improve their mixing skills so whether you're working on demos for your band or mixing records for your clients, Step By Step Mixing will help you out.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back.
Once you check out your products will be available via download in your members' area.
Get These Two Amazon Best-Sellers for Only $7!
Step By Step Mixing: How to Create Great Mixes Using Only 5 Plug-ins ($17 Value)
If you're tired of individual tricks and wished you had a clear set of instructions on how to make your mixes sound like the professional records you love so much, then Step By Step Mixing is your clear and concise reference guide for better sounding music in your home studio.
- Learn to get organized and simplify your mixing process to create more mixes that sound better in less time
- Get a thorough walkthrough of the frequency spectrum so you can make all of your instruments fit in your mix
- Discover exactly how to use your compressors to create punchy and tight mixes
- Learn to use reverb and delay to add space and depth to your mixes without cluttering up the song and making yourself sound like an amateur
- Add that secret saturation sauce to your songs to make your mixes stand out (without overloading and distorting your mixes!)
Once you've mastered these five processors above you’ll be ready to make a killer mix in your home studio, whether you’re working on demos for your band or mixing records for your friends and clients.
Better Mixes in Less Time: The Productivity Playbook for Mixing Engineers ($7 Value)
Save hours on every song you mix with these easy productivity tips guaranteed to speed up your workflow.
- How to think like a productive and efficient mixing engineer to save time and money
- How to make time for mixing music when you have a busy schedule
- The power of deliberate and deep practice, even if you only have 25 minutes to spare
- Important productivity tools and methods to stay on task and finish faster
- How to use a mixing template to speed up the mixing process and eliminate distractions from too many plug-ins
- How to use the Pomodoro System to boost your productivity while you're mixing
- How to prepare for a mixing session and knowing what to do when you start the mixing process
- My 9-step process for taking a mix from a rough recording to a finished song
If you're currently taking forever to finish each mix, then the workflow inside Better Mixes in Less Time will help you save hours of unnecessary mix work so you can crank out quality mixes in no time.
Turn Your Hobby Into a Career
If you think your mixes are just all right, but not quite there yet...and you want to improve your skills to feel confident in making the jump to release professional sounding music, then Step By Step Mixing will get you there.
If you don't want to spend years demystifying the mixing process...or don't want to completely uproot and change your life to attend audio school to learn mixing, Step By Step Mixing will help you turn your hobby into the beginning of a freelance career.
Just like Greg, who purchased Step By Step Mixing a couple of years ago and then started getting booked to mix tons of musicians' tracks.
Check Out the Screenshot to See What He Had to Say!
If you need to transform your understanding of mixing to a whole 'nother level, without wasting years with trial and error mixing methods, Step By Step Mixing is the place to start.
Learn a Proven Step By Step Mixing Process That's Helped Thousands of Musicians Like Yourself Make Amazing Mixes in Their Home Studio, Using Only EQ, Compression, Reverb, Delay, and Saturation
"refreshingly helpful in demystifying a topic that I’ve been trying to figure out for years. I thought I would have to completely change my life to attend audio school. But with Bjorgvin’s help, I have been able to turn a hobby into the beginning of a freelance career. THANK YOU!"
"I’m a singer, songwriter, producer and now after reading this I’d finally call myself a mix engineer as well. This is truly a fantastic book for any new, aspiring or even seasoned mix engineers."
-Tino Grigoriou, Home Studio Musician
"Stop guessing, or struggling with trial and error methods. Clear concise, step by step, solid advice from a Professional whom is willing to share with you, his talents and experience. Great read at a fantastic price! Buy it Now, your mixes will improve. Read it a few times and your mixes will get even better, really!"
-Dave Columbo, Mixing Engineer
-Lij Shaw, Award-Winning Engineer and Podcaster Behind Recording Studio Rockstars
"This is the NO BS guide to taking your mixes to the next level! Björgvin has been teaching and writing about recording for a decade, and really understands that stuff that we all struggle with in the home studio. Step By Step Mixing takes you through the full process of making sure your mixes rock from rough to radio ready!"
Step By Step Mixing and Better Mixes in Less Time is For You If...
You're exhausted with your trial and error mix process that keeps you second-guessing yourself about whether your music sounds any good.
If you're tired of individual tricks and wished you had a clear set of instructions on how to make your mixes sound like the professional records you love so much...If you just want a clear A - Z process on making awesome mixes, then Step By Step Mixing is your clear and concise reference guide for better sounding music from your home studio.
An Easy Mixing Workflow For Better Mixes in Less Time
Learn to simplify your mixing process with organizational techniques that help you make your mixes sound better in less time that works with whatever genre you're producing.
Tips You Can Use Right Away Even if You Don't Have Expensive Gear
Practical and easy-to-use EQ, compression, reverb, delay, and saturation techniques that help you make dynamic and punchy mixes that sound great on every speaker.
Instantly Improve Your Mixes Without Buying More Plug-ins
Discover effective reverb, delay and saturation techniques that add space, depth and secret sauce to your music without cluttering up the mix and making you sound like an amateur.
Here's What You'll Discover Inside Step By Step Mixing and Better Mixes in Less Time
- How to set up your session for a faster workflow so your mix is done sooner. If you want to use processing like bus compression effectively this is the prep work you need to follow
- How to mix with headphones if you don't have studio monitors or need to keep quiet in your studio, without sacrificing the quality of your mixes
- Learn to use busses and groups to make your mixing easier so you can get great balance and a solid rough mix faster than ever
- The two-step process you need to tighten up guitars while making them cut through the mix, using my low-pass filter and bell boost trick
- The underused frequency area where you can bring out the character of the keyboards without masking the rest of the instruments in your mix
- How to use a shelving EQ to get rid of vocal muddiness and how to EQ a vocal-heavy song so that the backup vocals don't overpower the lead vocals
- The most important, but overlooked aspect of using EQ to rebalance your mix to hear the separation between all the instruments in your song
- How to keep the mid-range in check so you don't get boxy kick drums, honky guitars, muddy bass or nasally vocals
- Take the guesswork out of EQ with over 70 different tips on exactly when and why you should cut and boost each instrument
- The two most important knobs on your compressor and how they affect the entire sound of your tracks
- How to use full-band AND multi-band compression effectively (and knowing why you should be using it in the first place)
- The sneaky way to use presets to speed up your mixing (while still tweaking them for the best results)
- How to know which compressor emulation to use on each instrument. If you've wondered about the difference between VCA, FET, or OPTO you'll know EXACTLY when to use which one
- The easy way to add an all-around reverb to instantly create space in your mix
- Do you make these mistakes when creating separation between electric and acoustic guitars? Learn how to separate acoustic and electric guitars with different reverbs based on what they're playing
- How to use modulated stereo delays to to keyboards. This subtle trick will add depth to your keyboards without cluttering up the rest of the mix
- How to place backup vocals behind the lead using reverb and delay
- The incredibly important aspect of how and why to EQ your reverbs for a cleaner mix
- When to use mono instead of stereo delays and how to blend separate reverbs together in a mix
- Your step-by-step approach to knowing whether or not you should use saturation on a track
- How to give your kick drum more low-end more thickness and weight
- How to use multi-band saturation to give your snare drum more bite to cut through a busy mix
- Using parallel saturation to create subtle thickness and warmth
- How to add warm tape emulation to bring out the acoustic guitars in your mix
- How to use saturation to dirty up your keyboard patch to make it more interesting
- Your easy process to find which saturation plug-in is the best to use to make your tracks stand out
- The importance of slight automation tweaks to bring out the best in each track
- How to check your mixes on multiple systems and what to look out for so that they translate everywhere.
- How to fix mix translation issues when your mix sounds like it has a blanket over it
- A simple way to bring the snare back into the mix when it sounds glued on top
- How to make your keyboards sound smooth by eliminating honkiness and EQ'ing them to fit better in the context of the mix
- How to make your mixes sound exciting without excessive tweaks.
Step By Step Mixing Has Helped Thousands of Home Studio Musicians and Bedroom Producers Make a Bigger Impact In Their Music Career
"Step by by step Mixing is an easy to follow guide on mixing music."
"Whether you have some experience or none it with help you a lot. First it shows you how to listen to music and to pay attention to the small details. The books explains a lot how to move the faders in a way that everything is balanced. Then it goes in depth into EQ, compressor, reverb, delay and saturation. It is the second book I've read on mixing and I highly recommend this book."
"Spot-on mixing guide that will give you great results in your mix."
"I use this for myself and with students in the Music Technology A Level and Music Practitioners RSL (like a L3 BTEC) courses I teach. I've found it to be VERY readable, accurate, easy to follow and apply and my students find it really useful. It is not overly long but is very practical and Bjorgvin clearly knows his stuff. Highly recommended for live and studio mixing of audio on both professional and academic levels."
"Within a few weeks, my approach to mixing changed from being overwhelmed to having fun"
"As a rookie home producer I finally found Audio Issues offering this fantastic guide that gave all the bits and pieces, that I gathered from the internet, a context and an easy-to-understand explanations. Björgvin encourages its readers with practical tips to try and experiment, rather than just reading. His material I recommend for beginner and experienced enthusiasts!"
-Arjan van Wijk
Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly do I get with the Step By Step Mixing System?
Do I Need Specific Plug-ins or Software?
What if I don't have a pro studio?
Is this only for beginners?
I only do [insert random music genre here]. Will this help me?
Do you have any big-name credits that you've worked with?
Have other questions? No problem! Just email [email protected] and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
The Iron-Clad Audio Issues 100% Risk-Free Money-Back Guarantee
As with all of the Audio Issues products, Step By Step Mixing and Better Mixes in Less Time comes with a 100% risk-free money-back guarantee.
I promise that following the workflow will help you create more professional mixes from your home studio. After reading them you'll know exactly what to do to transform your amateur demos into powerful and professional mixes.
There is a reason my students have told me that my training has "instantly improved their mixes."
Your fans will love the new professional sounds you're releasing, and you'll impress every new client that comes to your studio because you'll easily show them how good you can make them sound.
You can even read the books and watch the videos before you make up your mind. You can try all the tricks and keep the training for a full year before deciding whether you like them or not. If at any point you decide that my training didn't skyrocket the quality of your productions, simply email [email protected] for a full refund, no questions asked nor strings attached!
I take my guarantee very seriously. I am not interested in keeping your money if you don’t learn anything from what I’m creating for you.
So if you’re not happy, I’m not happy. Simple as that.
Here's to improving your mixes!
Order Now on This Page and Get Two Best-Selling eBooks for the Price of One!
Order Below and Get Started Making Better Mixes in Less Time Using the 5 Plug-ins You Already Have!YES! Give Me the Step By Step Mixing Bundle Package for Only $7!
In short, if you want to make awesome mixes in your home studio that translate to every speaker system, whether you're working on demos for your band or mixing records for your clients, grab Step By Step Mixing and Better Mixes in Less Time right now.
You'll learn simple to use, practical mixing techniques that help you get better mixing results immediately, using the five plug-ins you already have in your DAW.
Here's to helping you make your next mix your best mix!
Björgvin Benediktsson, Audio Issues