For Musicians, Producers, and Engineers Looking to Mix Release-Ready Records...
How To Confidently Transform Your Rough Recordings Into Pro Mixes, Using the Gear You Already Have
If your mixes sound weak and muddy, this proven mixing formula will help you make professional, release-ready records that explode from your speakers, without buying more plug-ins or investing in a fancy studio
If you are:
- A songwriter recording songs in your home studio wishing they sounded more professional...
- A bedroom producer making beats to collaborate with other artists and topliners but can't get them to sound as powerful as what you hear on Spotify or Soundcloud...
- The "audio person" in your band who wants to "do it all yourself" but doesn't know how to make better mixes…
- Or an audio engineer working to improve your skills...
...Then this message is for you.
Are You Fighting to Fix Your Muddy Mixes?
If you’re like most musicians, you want your music to sound just as good as your favorite records…
And once you've recorded your tracks, you have to make that production sound like the mix you hear in your head.
Instead, all you get is a muddy mix where the drums take over the bass in the low-end, the instruments sound thin and your vocals get buried by your tracks.
I’m sure you don’t want your mixes to sound so boomy your songs sound like somebody threw a blanket over the speakers...
...or so muddy they feel more like a competitor in Tough Mudder slogging through sludge...
And no matter what you try, you can't create a clean mix!
Even worse, once you get a decent sound in your home studio you'll take it to the car to make sure it passes the car-test.
You load up your mix in the car, turn the volume up, and...?
Your Mix Sounds Nothing Like it Did in Your Studio!
No matter what you do, you can't get your mix to translate to other speakers.
Everywhere you play your song it sounds different...
When you listen on earbuds, on your phone, or in the car...you wonder why your mix sounds so much worse than other records...
- The bass is boomy and cluttering up the low-end
- The vocals are masked by the guitars
- The drums are so weak and boxy they sound like a toddler banging on cardboard boxes
- And the entire mix just sounds way too quiet
So you sit in your car frustrated, wondering if you’ll ever be able to finish a mix that feels like a professional record.
You’d like to spend your free time working on music you can be proud of, but when your mixes sound thin and harsh next to your favorite songs, you start to give up hope.
- “Is it my equipment that needs to be upgraded?”
- “Do I really need a professional studio engineer to help me?”
- “Maybe I’m just not cut out for this?”
But before you give up...
You do what everybody else does in the same situation...
You Fall Down the Youtube Rabbit Hole!
Youtube Videos NEVER Give You the Full Picture You Need for Finished Mixes...
- Youtube videos skip steps.
- They assume you know what they know.
- They work on music you don’t like.
- They take 20 minutes to show you a tip that I could teach you in two minutes because they want to show you one more ad to collect ad revenue...
Jumping from one Youtube mix tip to another and expecting them to give you the full formula for fixing your muddy mixes is the definition of insanity…
Although good ol’ Albert probably clapped on 1 and 3 he was still a smart cookie...
And if you’re watching “just one more video,” hoping to finally learn how to mix...you might get closer to having his crazy hairdo than having a released recording.
The Mirage of Too Many Plug-ins
When your songs don’t sound like professional productions, you may think you can just buy some miracle plug-in that’ll automagically make your mix better.
Like you can just buy you some software that instantly makes all of your songs sound amazing.
If that was true, you'd never hear a bad song on the radio!
It's Sold Like Magic...But It's a Myth!
Plug-in companies WILL convince you that they all have the secret solution to solid mixes.
The fact is: buying a brand-new plug-in won’t help you make your mixes better if you still don’t know how to use the plug-ins you already have.
What if I Told You...
...That You Already Have Everything You Need in Your DAW...
If You Want Pro Mixes That Are Good Enough to Charge For, You MUST Know How to Use These Tools:
EQ makes all your instruments fit together in the frequency spectrum, clears up the low-mid muddiness and gets your mix to sparkle.
Compression tightens up the sound of your mix, add punch to your instruments and keeps your dynamics steady.
Reverb adds space around your tracks so that it sound three-dimensional and big instead of flat and boring.
Delay adds depth, effects and excitement to your song without cluttering up the track and making it sound washed out.
Saturation is your secret sweetener to bring out cool harmonic content in your instruments. It'll add warmth and thickness without adding boominess to your mix.
Those are the plug-ins that every professional engineer uses to get those great mixes that you hear on the radio.
"it's a dream come true to get this song sounding so good."
"Wow! It’s done and dusted! What can I say, it's an absolutely fantastic mix/master. It's a dream come true to get this song sounding so good. It's perfect! It has a great balance and you can hear everything. I think you have done a fantastic job. I can hear that you have implemented all the aspects that you talk about and teach thru Audio Issues. It sounds amazing and really consistent on a number of different speakers. The mix is a nice celebration of the guitars and the song and vocals come to the fore which is the main objective and it is a joy to hear with your mix."
-Chris McConville, U.K.
Download 15 Years of Audio Experience Into Your Brain
If you're looking for a proven process to take your home studio demos and transform them into professional records you can be proud of, I'm here to help.
Hi, I'm Björgvin Benediktsson. I'm the musician, mixing engineer, and audio educator behind Audio Issues.
I've worked in live sound, broadcast recording, and studio production throughout my career since 2006. I’ve also written over 1,000 articles and tutorials on audio production to share my knowledge with you, both on Audio Issues and for other audio publications such as MusicTech magazine, Audiotuts+, The Pro Audio Files, and Recording Revolution to name a few.
My mixing techniques have helped thousands of musicians, producers, and engineers gain the confidence and skills to make professional mixes they can be proud of.
They've used their mixing skills to successfully release their own records and many use their newfound mixing skills to get paying jobs from their home studios.
My goal is to give you the same game plan so you can confidently crank out release-ready records with ease.
The Simple Truth is This:
Your Mixes NEED to Sound Amazing if You Want People to Listen and You're So Close to Getting There
If your track sounds like a demo instead of like a professional, broadcast-ready recording, here's what will happen:
- Your music won’t be played by radio DJs
- Your music will get rejected by music supervisors for sync
- Your music will get skipped on streaming services
Even if you’re just working on your music as a hobby you still need to know how to make good mixes, even if it's just in your spare time between your family and work obligations.
And if you’re looking to use your music skills to get freelance audio work…
If your mixes don't compare to professional records, nobody will hire you as a professional mixer.
...And if you want to turn on the radio or play a song on Spotify and say, "Hey listen, I mixed that!" then it's time for you to stop chasing the legendary pot of plug-ins at the end of the rainbow and learn a workflow that teaches you to transform your rough recordings into finished records once and for all.
The Secret Behind Great Mixes is This:
Using a proven process and a solid mixing FORMULA is the best way to get quality mixes every time.
- You don't need thousands of dollars of fancy plug-ins.
- You don't need to buy more gear to make your next mix sound fantastic.
- You don’t need to jump from one Youtube video to another wasting more time on watching ads than finishing mixes.
When you use a formula, you not only save money from all those plug-ins you won't need to buy, or the mixing engineer you don't need to hire, but you also save time by knowing exactly how to transform your demos into professional, quality mixes that jump out of your speakers.
The formula is the framework that helps you confidently finish more mixes than you've ever done before.
When you know instinctively how to get rid of muddiness and a flabby low-end you'll crank out mixes much faster than if you were playing with a new plug-in every day.
And with enough songs in your portfolio, bands will like your mixes enough to hire you.
I don't tell you this just to get your hopes up. I tell you this because I know you can achieve this too.
It's How My Students Succeed Time and Time Again And I Know You Can Too!
From Broke Musician to Professional Music Producer
Eric L’Esperance plays acoustic folk with his wife Ash as the duo The Promise is Hope.
They used to make most of their income from touring the East Coast.
Then COVID Came...and Their Income Dried Up Overnight!
But that wasn’t when the music died. That’s when he decided he wanted total control over his music instead of relying on expensive engineers at commercial studios.
I mixed one of his songs for them and then showed him how it was done. From there he was off to the races. They released their first-ever record from their home studio and it was one of their most successful releases EVER.
But the income was drying up and the live venues weren’t opening any time soon. He needed to make money right away but he couldn’t imagine teaching kids how to play guitar.
And to be honest, I don’t blame him...
I love teaching people how to mix, but if I had to teach five-year-olds how to play an F-chord I'd run back to my dead-end cashier gig at the supermarket!
However, his engineering skills had improved considerably and he gained the confidence to believe in his abilities as an audio engineer.
And with that confidence came the confidence to start charging for his skills.
Now he’s working as a freelance producer from his home studio and it’s opened up a whole new world of possibilities for him.
If You're Smart Like Eric, You'll Learn to Do it Yourself
That way you save money because you don't need to hire anybody else. You'll already have the knowledge needed to crank out professional mixes. The knowledge that may even get you paying gigs as you show your mixes to other musicians.
If you want to get to that level, it's clear as day what you need to do to improve your mixes:
Learn the proven formula for finishing your mixes.
Eric L'Esperance, The Promise is Hope, Massachusetts, USA
“Our listeners have been sending us messages about the tune, and are gushing on the song. So many folks are talking about how beautiful it sounds. I know that the work we did recording and arranging played a large part, but your mixing/mastering job was the icing on the cake. Thanks again for selecting the tune. "Simon, Taylor, Denver, Cash" is our best single release ever. That was the first song I ever recorded myself, and along with that came a whole bunch of doubt. I just didn’t know if I was capable of recording quality enough tracks on my own. Hearing your mix come back sounding professional and legit gave me the confidence to continue investing in this journey. This has been a dream of mine for several years, and your role has encouraged me in a deeply meaningful way. Your mentorship has been instrumental and hugely impactful and I know our future albums will have your thumbprint all over them."
Turning a Rough Recording into a Professional Mix Isn’t Some Dark Magic Voodoo...
Follow the Formula and You’ll Get There Too!
I’ve broken down the most important parts of mixing into a proven process that’s helped thousands of musicians and producers just like yourself make radio-ready mixes from their home studio.
Dan Comerchero, Founder of The Pro Audio Files
"Bjorgvin is an expert at breaking down complicated subject matter with language and detail that readers of all skill levels will understand...jam-packed with useful techniques, tips, and strategies from which beginner to advanced audio professionals will surely benefit."
Once you learn my formula...
Mixing Becomes Easy!
And getting the hang of it doesn’t require you to waste thousands of dollars on audio school or fancy plug-ins.
Mixing isn’t some crazy, chaotic trial and error process where you’re throwing random plug-ins on your tracks to see what sticks.
There’s a simple formula you follow and you’ll get a professional mix every time.
I can teach you everything you need to know.
No matter the genre you're working in, and even if you only have stock plug-ins in your DAW, you can use the same mixing system to create professional records that rival the sound of your favorite records.
And if you want to get there you can….
...Without wasting money building a "pro" studio or buying every plug-in they try to sell you...
...Without hiring an expensive mixing engineer every time you want to release a song...
...You can learn everything you need to mix professional, broadcast-ready records with…
The Mix Finisher Formula
The Only Mixing System You Need to Produce Release-Ready Records
Mix Finisher Formula shows you the simple system to confidently finish your mixes and proudly release your records...every time you work on a song.
- 5 in-depth mix training modules that take you from rough recording to finished mix
- Short, bite-sized videos so you can always make progress, even if you don’t have a lot of time
- Initial mix feedback on your music when you start
- Complimentary practice multi-tracks if you don’t have music to work on
No missing steps, no confusion.
Just a quick and effective blueprint to get from a rough recording to a release-ready mix.
Mix Finisher Formula is not just another online course…
When you enroll in Mix Finisher Formula, you’ll have my complete step-by-step mixing system you can plug your tracks into for release-ready records.
Module #1 - Your Pre-Mixing Mindset
Inside module #1 You'll Discover:
- A complete checklist of what to keep in mind as you get closer to the mixing stage so you know your track is perfect before you start.
- The importance of getting great tracks right at the source so that your mixing process is a breeze
- The simple production process Anna Kendrick can teach you about creating a powerful hit song
- The secret to speeding up your mixing process so that you can get creative immediately
- Why focusing on the most consistent instrument to edit to is your best bet instead of pulling everything to the click
- How to quickly edit your drums and bass together to both conserve the groove while keeping the time
"Thank you for the list even though this isn't a production course. It is much help for the beginner...."
"You are giving me confidence that I am going to be able to craft mixes that I will be proud to share!"
"I am SOOOOO glad that you incorporated this in this module! My main mix focus is vocals, specifically a cappella and hearing pitch perfect again is a reminder of a quality mix that I am hoping to get to the level of one day. I'm obsessed with this style and appreciate the mix behind it too and can't wait to get to that level. Thanks again for sharing this!!! I can express how happy I am haha"
Module #2: Make Faster Mixes With an Efficient Mix Template
In module two you’ll learn how to set up and create a mix template that works for you and your productions.
I’ll walk you through mine and give you ideas on why and how to use one to get better mixes in less time.
This module not only shows you how to save time with a template, but I also give you a bunch of tips and tricks on what settings I use on my plugins in my template and why they’re there.
Here's What the Mix Template Formula Will Teach You
- How a mix template can shave hours off your mixing time so you can get better mixes in less time
- Exactly what plug-ins you should be using on your mix bus to get a good rough mix immediately
- How to get great drum mixes in no time with just a few plug-ins and a simple process
- The quickest way to get a great rough mix without wasting time browsing your plug-ins folder
- How to set up your instrument and vocal mixing template to easily make your instruments stand out
- What effects busses you should create in your template so you can easily create punch through parallel compression, width through stereo widening, and depth with reverb and delay
- What professional mixing engineers don't tell you about parallel processing to create powerful mixes
- See exactly how to group and buss your instruments for a faster workflow
- Learn the exact EQ filters that are in place for every instrument for instant low-mid cleanup without you needing to waste time EQ'ing the low-end every time
"these lessons really made a huge difference to me... I'm a rookie, and an older one as well, unfortunately, so it took me some effort to get it right, but thanks to this I finally plunged into my DAW, which is Cubase. I set up a template where I routed my kick/snare/toms & overheads into a drum bus and my lead and backing vox into a vocal bus. I love the parallel opto and fet-compressing, which does magic for the vocals, in my particular case. Very happy with this course, thx!"
"Great lessons this week! I have been working on mine for a few months now...I definitely realized my buses are a mess and I am trying to come up with a standard where I use the same buses for the same sends".
"Hi Bjorgvin, this took me longer than a half an hour, but I'm glad it did. I went down a rabbit hole of actually acknowledging what plug ins I do own, and actually having an idea of what they are meant to do. But it's great to have a template, and there is no way I would have such a template to experiment with if I was not doing this course. It's making me challenge myself and break on through. It's taking me a little longer, but I know for myself I am making gains."
Module #3: The Mix Finisher Philosophy
In module three you'll discover everything you need to know about prepping your session, gain-staging your tracks, and approaching your mix with confidence.
Here's What the Mix Finisher Philosophy will Teach You
- How to prepare your mix so that you start off on the right track (no pun intended)
- The simple naming structure for your tracks so that you can speed through a giant session
- The subtle difference between phase and polarity
- The hidden danger that can make your tracks thin and weak
- Your gain-staging gameplan so you don't accidentally overcook your mix
- How to gain-stage your session when you have over 100 tracks in your mix
- The three simple approaches to starting your mix depending on your style
- How to get a rough static mix with NO plug-ins
“Wow did not even know about checking the polarity of instruments before mixing! Thanks…Awesome idea about colour coding the tracks in the edit windows! Very helpful all round thanks.”
“what a great tip, would never have thought of zooming in like that to see how slight the drums out. I need to pay more attention during the initial listen and rough mix before I start throwing on plugins. This was definitely eye-opening.”
“Good lesson! 10 years ago before I began educating myself on mixes, I would immediately start throwing plugins on everything, this stage is so important to begin with volume & panning.”
Module #4 - How To Mix With Only 5 Plug-ins
Module 4 is the centerpiece of the entire course. The 5 Plug-in Framework is based on my best-selling book Step By Step Mixing: How to Create Great Mixes Using Only 5 Plug-ins and it will teach you how to master the five most important plug-ins every mixing engineer uses to make professional mixes.
If you want to create professional mixes that are good enough to charge for, you MUST know how to use these processors.
- Learn to separate your instruments with EQ
- Discover how to hear compression and use it effectively
- Make it easy to add space and depth with reverb and delay
- Add warmth, thickness, and that special secret sauce with saturation
With a total of 26 videos in this module alone, you'll learn everything you need to know about EQ, compression, reverb, delay, and saturation.
Here's What You'll Discover Inside the 5 Plug-in Framework:
How To Create Separation in Your Mixes With EQ
EQ makes all your instruments fit together in the frequency spectrum, clears up the low-mid muddiness, and gets your mix to sparkle.
- How to use filters to clean up your low-end, fix your muddy mixes, and get rid of harsh high-end.
- The time-saving EQ method that helps you mix faster
- How to use EQ to bring out the best of the drums (whether you're mixing acoustic drums or programmed beats), bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals, and other instruments.
- How to get rid of muddiness, reduce boom and add presence and sparkle to a mix using JUST EQ
- The two-step process to use low-pass filters to tighten up guitars while making them cut through the mix
- The underused frequency area where you can bring out the character of the keyboards without masking other aspects of the mix
- How to EQ a vocal-heavy song so that the backup vocals don't overpower the lead vocals
- The most important, but overlooked aspect of using EQ to rebalance your mix to hear the separation between all the instruments in your song
- How to keep the mid-range in check so you don't get boxy kick drums, honky guitars, muddy bass or nasally vocals. Take the guesswork out of EQ and follow along so you know exactly when and why you should cut and boost each instrument.
"I learned the difference between EQ'ing for balance and cohesion and EQ'ing for color and dimension. "
"I found this course to be detailed, relevant, and very practical - and quite a bit of fun. Specifically, I found each of the tutorial videos engaging and detailed, yet it was not "preachy" as "this is the only way to" I learned the difference between EQ'ing for balance and cohesion and EQ'ing for color and dimension. The visual component of seeing the specific instrument's frequency range really helps nail problem areas more efficiently. Also, this course has changed (and simplified) the way I set up a session. The idea is great. You explain a little bit of why you use the plugin and what the overall goal is. Then you do it" live and then explain what you have done. I realized that all you need is basically only these 5 plug-ins."
-Ken Bauer, Mixing Engineer
How To Create Punch and Tightness With Compression
Compression tightens up the sound of your mix, adds punch to your instruments, and keeps your dynamics steady.
You'll learn how to hear compression and use it effectively to create punch and power.
- How to use every button on your compressor to effectively add punch and power to your mix.
- How to use the ratio to squeeze your drums and make them thicker, punchier, and more powerful
- The two most important knobs on your compressor and how they affect the entire sound of your tracks. Working these knobs wrong will make your instruments sound dull and lifeless
- The sneaky way to use presets to speed up your mixing (while still tweaking them for the best results)
- How to use two different compressors in serial to get the best of both worlds that are better than the sum of their parts. This is an incredible trick for big, in-your-face vocals
- How to know which compressor-style and emulation to use on each instrument. If you've wondered about the difference between VCA, FET, or OPTO you'll know EXACTLY how each one sounds after this video
- The easy way to use parallel compression as an insert instead of a send to make your punchy parallel compression even easier
- How to create a compression system to make every compression decision easier on every mix.
- How to apply compression to your tracks, your submixes, your master bus, and in parallel for the best results.
- How to use parallel compression and multi-band compression to add punch, thickness, and weight to your mixes
- How to rebalance your EQ after compression to keep everything going smoothly. Compression alters the volume and loudness of each track so careful rebalancing is key to keeping your song consistent every time you add a new processor to the mix.
How To Add Depth and Space With Reverb and Delay
Reverb adds space around your tracks so that it sound three-dimensional and big instead of flat and boring.
Delay adds depth, effects, and excitement to your song without cluttering up the track and making it sound washed out.
In this section, you'll learn a ton of tricks on how you can use reverb and delay to add space and depth to your mixes.
- Exactly what all the crazy settings on your reverbs do and how you can use them to add space and depth to your tracks
- How to know which room mode to use, and how they affect the feel of your mix
- How to use the 3-Verb technique to instantly create space in your mix
- What you should NEVER add reverb to in a mix. Adding too much reverb to everything will result in a washed-out mix. Make sure you keep these few things dry.
- 7 ways to find the right reverb for your mix, whatever genre you're working in.
- How to use short and weird reverb settings to make bigger snares.
- How to use sends to place your instruments in the mix according to how much impact you want them to have
- Do you make these mistakes when creating separation between electric and acoustic guitars? Learn how to separate acoustic and electric guitars with different reverb based on what they're playing
- How to use modulated stereo delays to keyboards. This subtle trick will add depth to your keyboards without cluttering up the rest of the mix
- When to use delays instead of reverbs when you want to add depth without adding too much space.
- How to use delays on guitar solos, rhythm guitars, lead vocals, drums, and percussion, as well as organs, synths, and keyboards.
- How to use delays to create stereo widening to create a powerful stereo image.
- The incredibly important aspect of how and why to EQ your reverbs for a cleaner mix.
- When to use mono instead of stereo delays.
How to Add Sweetening With Saturation
Saturation is your secret sweetener to bring out cool harmonic content in your instruments.
It'll add warmth and thickness without adding boominess to your mix.
In this section, you'll learn how to add warmth, thickness, and that special secret sauce to your mixes to make them stand out.
- The best way to use tape saturation to make your mixes smoother and warm.
- Your step-by-step approach to knowing whether to use saturation on a track.
- How to give your kick drum more low-end thickness and weight.
- How to use multi-band saturation to give your snare drum the bite it needs to cut through a busy mix.
- Using parallel saturation to create subtle thickness and warmth.
- How to add warm tape emulation to bring out the acoustic guitars in your mix.
- How to use saturation to dirty up your keyboard patch to make it more interesting.
- Your easy process to find which saturation plug-in is the best to use to make your tracks stand out.
- How to apply saturation on drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, synths, and vocals.
- How to use saturation on your submixes and busses.
- The importance of not going overboard with your saturation plug-ins.
"...the biggest takeaway was learning a rock-solid workflow that keeps me mixing and creating instead of losing valuable time sifting through hours of articles and videos. Now when I start a new project, I have more confidence and feel better about my mixes."
"I felt like I had a basic knowledge of recording and mixing. The issue I had was putting it all together and figuring out a way to get a song finished (or knowing when a song is finished) and ready to be mastered and released. I learned a lot about EQ and compression but the biggest takeaway was learning a rock-solid workflow that keeps me mixing and creating instead of losing valuable time sifting through hours of articles and videos. Now when I start a new project, I have more confidence and feel better about my mixes. This course was great and the support was outstanding. I have purchased similar courses before and I have never received this kind of one on one attention from the others. The course worked well for me and it was presented in a way that never felt like information overload. If you are looking for a straight forward mixing course that teaches you advanced techniques that you can actually understand and use to improve your mixes, then this is for you."
Module #5 - Mix Translation Formula
In module five, once you’ve set up your mix template, prepped your mix, and learned the five plug-in framework, you'll follow my step by step mixing workflow to transform your rough recordings into professionally produced records.
You’ll also learn to use reference tracks and get my formula for making your mixes translate to every speaker system.
Here's What You'll Learn:
- The step by step mixing workflow you can follow on every mix without getting overwhelmed
- Three ways to use reference tracks to get your mixes sounding like professional records
- How to check your mixes on multiple systems and what to look out for so that they translate everywhere. I walk you through my 7-step process of checking your final mix on different monitoring systems and speakers so they sound the same on every speaker
- How to fix mix translation issues when your mix sounds like it has a blanket over it.
- How to make your mixes sound exciting without excessive tweaks.
- What to think about when you can only mix on headphones.
And how to know when to quit and call your mix FINISHED!
"Without your support, I would have never dared to publish songs."
"I’ve tried to follow all your advice and tips throughout the whole recording and mixing process. It was you who really encouraged me to make the final step and releasing songs at last. I’ve gained much more confidence in my audio skills by attending your courses, reading your books, watching your videos. Thanks a lot!!!"
-Michael Schu, Home Studio Musician, Germany
Mix Finisher Formula Works for Any Genre
Remember: These techniques work in any genre.
My students work in every style of music, from rock, country and folk to EDM, hip-hop and pop. Mix Finisher Formula teaches you all the methods you need to apply to make your music sound better, and you'll also get real-world insights from rock, pop, hip-hop, folk, R'n'B, hard rock, and metal throughout the course.
At the end of this course, you'll have all the knowledge you need to create professional mixes, no matter what genre you're working in.
365-Day 100% Risk-Free Satisfaction Guaranteed
As with all of the Audio Issues products, Mix Finisher Formula comes with a 100% risk-free money-back guarantee.
I promise that following the workflow inside Mix Finisher Formula you'll learn to create punchy and powerful records. If there's even a slight chance that this program can work for you to improve your mixes, it's a no-brainer to try it out.
You can even take the course for a spin before you make up your mind. You can try all the tricks and keep the training for a full year before deciding whether you like them or not.
If at any point within 365 days you decide that Mix Finisher Formula doesn't immediately help you transform your recordings into professionally mixed records like the hits you hear on the radio, simply email [email protected] at ANY TIME to get a full refund, no questions asked or strings attached!
Your fans will love the new professional sounds you're releasing, and you'll impress every new client that comes to your studio because you'll easily show them how good you can make them sound.
"I take my guarantee very seriously. I am not interested in keeping your money if you do not get any value from what I'm creating for you. So if you’re not happy, I’m not happy. Simple as that."
Hear What Other Students Like Yourself Have Said About Mix Finisher Formula:
“Literally, within a short amount of time you will know so much more than what you knew before. I would highly recommend it to anyone. You definitely give people a sense of hope and purpose and the fact that it can be done and you and your knowledge is amazing!”
“Mix Finisher Formula was my perfect class. Without a doubt the best investment I’ve made this year. It’s helped me understand so very much. I told myself my whole life that I don’t have an ear for this and that was my excuse for never learning how…It finally hit me that my DAW is a musical instrument and that really woke me to make that musical choice. I’m absolutely loving it."
"There is very little in this world more soul-satisfying than completing this long process with something you can feel proud of"
"My new album Parts and Labor just went up on Spotify, etc. and the courses are what pulled it over the finish line. Rather than attempt to learn everything a professional engineer might know, I purchased the course from Audio Issues. It’s basic, ground-up instruction on going from zero to a quality mix in the fewest number of steps. Since I had the audio tracks recorded already, I substituted my tracks for the audio that is provided in the curriculum. This was very effective, in that I was more vested in the learning process. I turned it from a two-step learning process (take class, apply what you learned) into one, applying the knowledge in real-time. There is very little in this world more soul-satisfying than completing this long process with something you can feel proud of – something that is in the world forever.”
-Bob Gemmell, Singer/Songwriter, California
"My final album would never have been the same without you"
"I was a total rookie a couple of years ago and I found your forum online. I learned a lot from your followers in there, and also by you. I've taken the Mixing With 5 Plug-ins course, read a lot of different stuff you have around, and also did your online 1-on-1 lessons which really made a huge difference.
Talking to you in person and getting pinpointed tips was really helpful. When we first met I had already made one album which was... kinda ok, but I just knew that I needed to learn more.
My final album would never have been the same without you"
-Kjell-Vidar Teig, Home Studio Rock Musician, Sweden
"I have subscribed to other online courses, and watched many, many hours of YouTube content; but nothing has unwrapped the key to the puzzle in the same way you've been able to"
"As a recent student of yours, I also wanted to thank you for the content. You have a knack for getting information across which has allowed me to break down barriers. Seeing some of your 'unconventional' EQ curves has provided me the confidence to start trusting my ears - not the visualizer. I'm now very comfortable employing the strategy that there is no actual convention. Your approach to space and depth has also really helped me understand how to approach this area of the mix...This philosophy has been the most freeing of them all. I have subscribed to other online courses, and watched many, many hours of YouTube content; but nothing has unwrapped the key to the puzzle in the same way you've been able to...my mixes have improved beyond all doubt. Most importantly, my 'bigger picture' perspective towards the process has shifted towards 'feeling' the whole song instead of getting caught up on the micro-details. I always knew this is what was required, but I simply didn't have a clear direction on how to achieve it. You have provided that in abundance. Consider me a very happy customer."
-Mark Rousell, Engineer/Musician
"I would certainly recommend this course to anyone who is starting out on their mixing journey as well as folks like me who have been mixing for a while but haven't learned good fundamentals."
"Overall, I really enjoyed the course. I think for me the most valuable thing was seeing your screen and watching your thought process visually. I have read mixing textbooks in the past and the information is simply too dense to be all that useful. In particular, the "Mixing with no plug-ins" video was extremely helpful. I realized that many of my major mixing woes were caused by poor organization and skipping over fundamentals. I've been mixing for a while as a hobby and in that time have picked up many bad habits, and this course definitely helped me re-learn the habits that make for better mixes. I really enjoyed the course. I personally didn't really want to use the song that you were mixing and instead opted for applying the techniques I learned from the videos to my own mix. I would certainly recommend this course to anyone who is starting out on their mixing journey as well as folks like me who have been mixing for a while but haven't learned good fundamentals. I am very satisfied with my purchase. Thanks so much for doing what you do, Björgvin!"
-Wyn Evans, Home Studio Mixer
When You Enroll Today You'll Get These Exclusive Bonuses As Well!
Bonus Acoustics and Monitoring Masterclass - How to REALLY Hear What Your Monitors are Saying ($120 Value)
If you don't have a perfect, commercially treated studio, don't worry. This bonus masterclass will help you make the most of your limited equipment.
Here's what you'll learn from this masterclass
- How to make the most of your limited acoustic treatment
- Where to start when you're ready to invest in acoustic treatment
- Discover EXACTLY where to put your acoustic treatment for the best results
- How to find the right monitors for you
- How to make your mixes translate even if you don't have fancy monitors
- Bonus Video: How to get the biggest bang for your buck when you're buying new equipment. In this video, I lay out my shopping strategy to make sure I always get the right equipment for my studio.
Bonus Productivity Masterclass - How to Find Time to Mix When You're Too Busy ($120 Value)
Finding the time to mix your songs when you have a busy schedule is hard.
In this masterclass you'll learn:
- How to find the missing gaps in your schedule so you can finally finish your songs
- How to harness the power of deadlines to get $#!t done!
- How to use the simple Pomodoro technique to finish a rough mix in only two hours
- The powerfully simple Summit-Style Check-in you can use to achieve more with your limited time
Bonus Editing and Comping Masterclass ($97 Value)
Many audio educators sell their production and editing courses separately. I include this masterclass as a part of Mix Finisher Formula because I know how important the production, arrangement, and editing process is to a great mix.
- How to clean up and prep your tracks so that they're ready for mixing
- How to edit your drums and bass together for a tighter groove
- How to edit and comp vocals for a better master performance
Bonus Recording Course - Home Recording Hacks ($47 Value)
In order to get a professional mix, you need to start with great tracks. That's why I'm including my Home Recording Hacks as a free bonus for Mix Finisher Formula students.
In this course you'll learn:
- How to understand microphones and when to use condenser microphones vs dynamic microphones
- How to record acoustic guitar in your home studio in both mono and stereo and how to find the sweet spot of the acoustic guitar to capture the most balanced sound of your instrument
- How to record killer vocals in your home studio, even if you have budget equipment
- How to record acoustic guitar and vocals at the same time without bleed
- How to make sure you have the right guitar and amp for your productions
- How to find the right placement for your microphone in front of the amp, depending on what kind of sound you're looking for
I REALLY Give a FAQ About Your Mixes, That’s Why I Have Answers to Some of Your Most Popular Questions
Do I Need Specific Plug-ins or a Specific DAW?
How much time does it take? Do I need to finish it in the next six weeks?
But I don't have a fancy studio...?
What if I put all this effort in and my music still sucks?
Is this for beginners or advanced engineers?
I only do [insert random music genre here]. Will this help me?
"But music is just a hobby to me, why should I care about mixing?"
Do you have any big-name credits that you've worked with?
I don't have any songs to mix. How will this help?
How is the course delivered?
Can't I just learn this on Youtube?
"But I'm just a live sound guy...how will this help?"
"Thanks a lot, Bjorgvin Benediktsson...Kindly allow me to over-estimate your importance in the growth of my musical career from an amateur into a pro... Your information has really molded my production skills into what my clients today call good music... Thanks a lot and keep up the good work."
-Andika Wilson, Producer
"I am so pumped to revisit my first mix! I would say there were many big takeaways from this course. It was great to take the process apart and dive deep into how each piece builds on each other. There were also parts of the mix process I was struggling to control and get the most out of such as delay and saturation. I feel much more confident. I have been doing some mixing work on other things while doing this course and myself and others have noticed improvements. Thanks again for everything!"
-David Lussier, Home Studio Musician
Discover Mixing Techniques that Took Me Over a Decade to Learn...
Imagine: After going through the Mix Finisher Formula you’ll know everything you need to know to create great mixes using only the gear you already have.
You’ll be able to crank out professional quality, radio-ready records from your home studio with ease.
...Without spending $10,000 building a "pro" studio, or a year of your time in audio school.
...Without paying a mixing engineer $500 every time you want to release a record.
...Without buying another plug-in or spending more hours on Youtube tutorials.
You Have Two Options for Making Radio-Ready Mixes
"In six months, where do you want to be with your mixing skills?"
Option #1 - Do Nothing
You'll be exactly where you are now with your next track. If you're already happy with your mixes, all the power to you. I might not be able to help. But if you're tired of jumping from one plug-in to another without knowing what you’re doing...wasting time watching Youtube videos...or spending even more money on plug-ins that won’t help you get results, Mix Finisher Formula is guaranteed to help.
Option #2 - Improve With the Mix Finisher Formula
You learn a proven mixing system that’s helped thousands of musicians, engineers and producers create radio-ready records from their home studio, even if they don’t have expensive gear or premium plug-ins.
If there's even a slight chance that this program can work for you to improve your mixes, it's a no-brainer to try it out.
Learn to make pro mixes inside Mix Finisher Formula
Pick the package you want below. Once you finish the checkout process you'll be emailed your log-in information to access the members' area.
Then, the only thing left to do is to make your next mix your best mix.
3 Monthly Payments of $99
Lifetime Access - 100% Satisfaction GuaranteedBecome a Mix Finisher Today
Lifetime Access - 100% Satisfaction GuaranteedBecome a Mix Finisher Today
"Mix Finisher Formula is like your own private Youtube with videos that teach you how to mix from A - Z, in order, answering all of your questions...with no ads!"
Unlike Any Other Program
No other mixing course gives you the type of individual attention like Mix Finisher Formula.
I'm in there to support you whenever you have a question or get stuck on a module so you never have to worry about feeling alone or confused with any of the topics you'll learn inside the course.
Mix Finisher Formula is for you if:
You’re ready to finally create mixes that stand up to the professional releases you hear on the radio or streaming services.
You want to stop tweaking your mixes and start following a mixing system that helps you confidently create great mixes using the five most important processors every professional engineer uses to get great results.
You want to finish the music you make in your home studio or start getting more clients to hire you to mix their own songs.
- You want to confidently charge for your mixing services because you know your skills are good enough to stand up to the professional releases your clients are comparing their songs to.