Watch Two Exclusive Videos from the Mix Finisher Formula CourseMake Sure You Enroll in Mix Finisher Formula Before the Course Closes on Friday
How to Approach Mix Bus Processing In Your Mix Template
In this video I walk you through my mix bus plug-ins to show you how I think about overall mix bus processing that does a lot of heavy lifting, as well as the importance of metering so you don't go overboard with your processing.
In the Mix Template Formula module you'll learn:
- How a mix template can shave hours off your mixing time so you can get better mixes in less time
- Exactly what plug-ins you should be using on your mix bus to get a good rough mix immediately
- How to get great drum mixes in no time with just a few plug-ins and a simple process
- The quickest way to get a great rough mix without wasting time browsing your plug-ins folder
- How to set up your instrument and vocal mixing template to easily make your instruments stand out
- What effects busses you should create in your template so you can easily create punch through parallel compression, width through stereo widening, and depth with reverb and delay
- What professional mixing engineers don't tell you about parallel processing to create powerful mixes
- See exactly how to group and buss your instruments for a faster workflow
- Learn the exact EQ filters that are in place for every instrument for instant low-mid cleanup without you needing to waste time EQ'ing the low-end every time
Gain Staging When You Have a Session With 100+ Tracks
Recently, I worked on a session with 100+ tracks: Drums, bass, guitars, orchestra, and choir, quite the arrangement.
Now, you might be wondering how you approach gain staging when you have so much audio running through your system so I shot a quick video and added it to the Mix Finisher Formula course. Every time I come across something in my sessions that I think can be useful to my students, I update Mix Finisher Formula so that they can learn all about it.
So you're not just enrolling in a static course, but you'll also get all future updates for free.
In the Mix Finisher Philosophy module you'll also learn:
- How to prepare your mix so that you start off on the right track (no pun intended)
- The simple naming structure for your tracks so that you can speed through a giant session
- The subtle difference between phase and polarity
- The hidden danger that can make your tracks thin and weak
- Your gain-staging gameplan so you don't accidentally overcook your mix
- How to gain-stage your session when you have over 100 tracks in your mix
- The three simple approaches to starting your mix depending on your style
- How to get a rough static mix with NO plug-ins
“Mix Finisher Formula was my perfect class. Without a doubt the best investment I’ve made this year. It’s helped me understand so very much. I told myself my whole life that I don’t have an ear for this and that was my excuse for never learning how…It finally hit me that my DAW is a musical instrument and that really woke me to make that musical choice. I’m absolutely loving it."
"these lessons really made a huge difference to me... I'm a rookie, and an older one as well, unfortunately, so it took me some effort to get it right, but thanks to this I finally plunged into my DAW, which is Cubase. I set up a template where I routed my kick/snare/toms & overheads into a drum bus and my lead and backing vox into a vocal bus. I love the parallel opto and fet-compressing, which does magic for the vocals, in my particular case. Very happy with this course, thx!"
"I found this course to be detailed, relevant, and very practical - and quite a bit of fun. Specifically, I found each of the tutorial videos engaging and detailed, yet it was not "preachy" as "this is the only way to" I learned the difference between EQ'ing for balance and cohesion and EQ'ing for color and dimension. The visual component of seeing the specific instrument's frequency range really helps nail problem areas more efficiently. Also, this course has changed (and simplified) the way I set up a session. The idea is great. You explain a little bit of why you use the plugin and what the overall goal is. Then you do it" live and then explain what you have done. I realized that all you need is basically only these 5 plug-ins."
-Ken Bauer, Mixing Engineer
"I felt like I had a basic knowledge of recording and mixing. The issue I had was putting it all together and figuring out a way to get a song finished (or knowing when a song is finished) and ready to be mastered and released. I learned a lot about EQ and compression but the biggest takeaway was learning a rock-solid workflow that keeps me mixing and creating instead of losing valuable time sifting through hours of articles and videos. Now when I start a new project, I have more confidence and feel better about my mixes. This course was great and the support was outstanding. I have purchased similar courses before and I have never received this kind of one on one attention from the others. The course worked well for me and it was presented in a way that never felt like information overload. If you are looking for a straight forward mixing course that teaches you advanced techniques that you can actually understand and use to improve your mixes, then this is for you."
Who am I and Why Should You Trust Me?
In case you don't know me well yet, let me introduce myself.
I'm Björgvin Benediktsson, author of Step By Step Mixing: How to Create Great Mixes Using Only 5 Plug-ins and the founder of Audio Issues.
I'm here to help you turn your amateur demos into professionally produced records you can be proud to release.
As a professional audio engineer in the last 15 years, I’ve done live sound, broadcast radio recording, and studio mixing for artists in all types of genres. I’ve written over 1,000 articles and tutorials on audio production, both on Audio Issues and for other audio publications such as MusicTech magazine, Audiotuts+, The Pro Audio Files, and Recording Revolution to name a few.
My mixing techniques have helped thousands of musicians and producers gain the confidence and skills to make professional mixes they can be proud of. They've used their mixing skills to successfully release their own records and some have used their new-found mixing skills to get paying jobs from their home studios.
Now you can learn from my experience in the industry and my hands-on training at the SAE Institute to get easy to use, practical mixing tips to get rid of your muddy demos and start mixing pro, radio-ready records.
Looking forward to helping you improve your mixes!
Mix Finisher Formula shows you the simple system you can use to confidently finish your mixes and proudly release your records...every time you work on a song.
No missing steps, no confusion.
Just a quick and effective blueprint you can learn in only six weeks to get from a rough recording to a finished mix.
Click Here to Enroll and Learn Everything You Need to Know to Create Radio-Ready Mixes